Here is a recipe for a healthy balanced side for those of you with starch cravings:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 4 slices of turkey bacon (natural, nitrate free, uncured) OR (sauteed and shaved tempeh for vegans)
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 4 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional, 1 tbsp per serving)
- chopped chives to taste
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- oil spray
- servings: 4
- Calories: 110
- Protein: 13g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Boil cauliflower until soft.
- cook turkey bacon in nonstick skillet. You can use oil spray to enhance the crispy aspect of the bacon if desired. Then pat with papertowels and cut into pieces.
- In a blender, add cauliflower, yogurt, chicken broth, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Blend until desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chopped chives and cheddar if desired.
Recipe found at http://fitmencook.com/fully-loaded-cauliflower-mash/