Flexibility is one of the major key points in fitness combined with exercise, resistance training, hydration, and nutrition. Improving your flexibility is an aspect that flavors all aspects of your formation to include range of motion, muscle growth, and injury prevention. Here are seven general guidelines to improve flexibility:
- Dynamic Warm-up prior to workout. This includes general movements to warm up your body and muscles to prepare for exercise. For example; lunges, push-ups, jumping jacks, etc…
- Follow a workout with static stretches. This includes the general stretches we are use to. Holding stretches for an extended period of time.
- Use full range of motion: During resistance training, ensure that you are moving through the full range of motion with the lift.
- Incorporate massage: the act of massaging adds in the aspect of breaking up knots and flushing away waste products, such as lactic acid.
- Take the time to relax: engage in a weekly activity of walking, yoga, etc.. to de-stress your body.
- Learn to breath properly: work on breathing techniques to improve the use of your diaphram rather then working your rib cage.
- Stay hydrated: Water incorporates a large percentage of our muscles, therefore hydration is a key point of muscle movement and flexibility.
Information was received at http://www.mensfitness.com/training/pro-tips/7-ways-improve-flexibility?page=7